Beginning a new research project can be confusing, so in designing our Well-being Measure we’ve done all we can to try to make it simple for you.
Here’s some straightforward advice for first-time users:
- Keep it simple. Concentrate on what you really want to know and don’t try to be too ambitious in the size and scope of your evaluation.
- Be realistic. Research is intended to tell you what you don’t already know, which means that you may find things that surprise or disappoint you. It is important to be honest and not expect just to hear what you want to hear.
- Make sure you know what you are taking on. Although the Well-being Measure is designed to be easy to use, you need to have the time and resources to manage it properly. You will need to set up your survey, arrange a time and place to do it, and allow at least 15 minutes for young people to complete it.
- Read our advice and guidance. We have lots of information on the FAQs page and to help you as you go along. If you need to, print out our User Manual and have it alongside you.
- Play around with the system before you use it. Once you have set up an account, you can create as many surveys as you want. Credits are only spent when you launch a survey and you will be asked to confirm before any credits are deducted from your account.
- Consider investing in training. Remember that NPC’s Well-being Measure is a tool that helps you do your own evaluation. On the website we can provide advice and guidance but can’t design an evaluation for you. If you are not confident doing your own surveys you can contact us on email@example.com to purchase further consultancy support or you can seek other external help.
Ultimately, we want to make the site as simple as possible for you to use. If you have any other comments or suggestions, we would be delighted to hear from you!